About the role
The purpose of the role is to manage the successful delivery of Project initiatives, ensuring performance, quality and budget constraints are adhered to.
- Lead, or contribute to the initial definition and impact assessment and estimation of project concepts and ideas.
- Ensure successful project delivery from initiation through to closure, to agreed FGH standards; guidelines; processes.
- Manage project and service stakeholders, ensuring effective and timely communication, realistic expectations and displaying a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Manage third party suppliers ensuring a quality, value for money service and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain a good awareness of general Project Management trends & developments.
- Manage and motivate project teams ensuring effective performance management, training and coaching.
- Contribute to the overall management of the Transformation Function; in a collaborative manner, accepting additional responsibility for specific management activities or leading “ad hoc” management tasks.
- Proactive contribution to continuous improvement of both the Transformation Function and the wider organisation.
- Maintain consistent, accurate plans covering schedule, cost and resource, with weekly progress/performance reporting.
- Champion the use of best practise governance and project methodologies.
- Always committed to the fair treatment of customers and complying with FCA regulations.
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
The ideal candidate must have:
- Management of multi-disciplined personnel (matrix and line structures), displaying leadership, motivational and coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage effectively at all levels, both internally and with 3rd parties
- Strong planning, analytical and reporting skills, able to assimilate complex information and present recommendations.
- Strategic thinking skills, able to place Transformation activity in an organisational context.
- Flexible and proactive approach to change, encouraging innovation and presenting change positively.
Technical Knowledge and Best Practice
- Confident and proficient in the application of structured project management methods, tools and techniques with a recognised PM qualification such as APMG Agile PM, APM Project Management, Prince 2.
- Practical experience across Project & Software Development Lifecycles (Agile/Hybrid/Waterfall) and associated tools; techniques; methods.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.