IT Architecture Manager
About the role
The specification of systems architectures, identifying the components needed to meet the present and future requirements, both functional and non-functional of the business as a whole, and the interrelationships between these components. The provision of direction and guidance on all technical aspects of the development of, and modifications to, information systems to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned systems and IT infrastructure remain compatible.
- Direct the creation, review and communication of an information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of the business.
- Directs development of enterprise-wide information architecture and processes which ensure that the strategic application of technology is embedded in the management of the organisation.
- Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- For solution delivery consults on the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects within the company.
- Coordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques. Evaluates the likely relevance of these for the business. Provides regular briefings to staff and business management.
- Responsible for major aspects of network specification and design within FGH. Produces network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Sets strategies for effective use of database technology
- Manage overall team resource allocation, productivity and effectiveness.
- Motivate their teams, ensuring effective performance management, training and coaching.
- Providing coaching/training to less experienced colleagues and Senior Business customers
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work.
- Manage stakeholders, ensuring effective and timely communication, realistic expectations and displaying a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Liaise with clients/sponsors/3rd parties advising on matters within their area of expertise, to understand business needs and support efficient problem resolution.
- Act as expert technical consultant in the areas of I.T. strategic planning, system life cycle considerations and architectural issues.
- Point of contact for assistance in resolving complex technical problems and using awareness of business/commercial impact, prioritises own and others workloads.
- Proactive contribution to improving the effectiveness of IT promoting good practice throughout the department.
- Maintain consistent, accurate plans covering schedule, cost and resource, providing timely progress and performance reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong planning, analytical and reporting skills, able to assimilate complex information and present concise reasoned recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage effectively at all levels, both internally and with 3rd parties.
- Good awareness of FGH business operations and how these are supported by IT systems.
- Strategic thinking skills, able to place FGH IT activity and broader industry trends in an organisational context.
- Flexible and proactive approach to change, encouraging innovation and presenting change positively.
- Advanced project planning and delivery skills.
- Extensive knowledge of current and emerging technology.
- Experienced in hybrid solutions across On-Premise, Private and Public clouds.
- Ability to manage and motivate a highly skilled team.
- Excellent coaching skills.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.