Assistant Bridge Technician
About the role
To ensure that all Otto-UK computer systems are operated, controlled and monitored within agreed procedures. The job holder is also responsible for ensuring that all IT related problems are acted upon, with escalation in a timely manner where appropriate.
- To ensure that all production deadlines for operational systems are met within agreed quality standards and procedures.
- To ensure that all required data backups are performed and secured offsite on a daily basis, in order to maintain the security and integrity of company data
- To monitor all bridge screens and alarms, to ensure that issues and problems are detected as quickly as possible / within service levels where defined
- To act upon all production related problems in accordance with laid down escalation, resolution and reporting procedures, ensuring minimal impact on users
- To maintain departmental standards and procedures, and make recommendations where necessary to ensure that all documentation is relevant
- Provision of Service Management statistics – particularly the daily service report
- To liaise, where appropriate with both 3rd Party customers and suppliers
- To act as the IT Service Desk
- To maintain a central point of contact for all IT users
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UK and local regulations, Company Policies and FCA Conduct Rules
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
- Have good knowledge of Windows operating systems and general computing skills,
- Customer Service focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with staff at all levels throughout the business as well as external suppliers.
- Have the flexibility to undertake shift work, including nights and weekends.
- Have the ability to work both under own initiative and as part of a team to troubleshoot IT issues through a helpdesk system and directly with users.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter with fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledge of IBM systems is desirable, but not essential
- The role is subject to credit & DBS checks
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.