About the role
We have a great, new opportunity for a graduate Web Designer to join the web team. You will be responsible for the design, build and testing of emails and web pages. A strong creative ability to come up with original ideas is crucial, as is the ability to confidently code in HTML and CSS. You will work across our brands, assisting each with the delivery of their online targets and vision.
- Design and build onsite areas and emails to meet marketing requirements
- Manage workload and priorities.
- Produce creative solutions in Photoshop, built using HTML and tested to our required specification across all devices.
- Optimise our sites to maximise performance.
- To ensure work produced is compatible with mainstream devices and tested on all standard internet browsers.
- To work within and assist in the production of schedules to meet go live dates for update/offers on our websites.
- Where relevant, liaise with relevant departments (IS, Merchandise, Marketing and Customer Service) as necessary to ensure the smooth production and implementation of work.
- Assist with production of material for our sites, e.g. homepages, category pages, inspirational shops, editorial pages
- To be focussed on development and learning to progress both your personal skills and our online offering
- Can demonstrate a wealth of experience and knowledge in both web and email design
- Have a strong creative ability to turn briefs into engaging campaigns
- Have excellent HTML and CSS skills.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Have a good understanding of usability, user experience and the general workings of ecommerce sites and related media.
- Have a good understanding of different browsers and devices.
- Have the ability to adapt to new and existing technologies
- Have good communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Can work individually and as part of a team.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.