About the role
Define the interactivity and UX on a variety of products, proposing solutions that provide users with the most effective, efficient and enjoyable experience as possible whilst ensuring that core business goals are achieved and are feasible given any technical capability constraints. Working with the UX Manager to further develop the UX strategy at FGH, thoroughly investigate problem areas and to ensure all facets of the product experience are driven by a user centric approach.
Investigate – Investigate and explore user problems, carrying out through discovering with the intent defining a usable, appropriate and valuable solution
Design – Create meaningful UX deliverables such as storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interaction models, journey flows, conceptual designs, and presentations that help teams understand user intent and what to build.
Deliver – Create and deliver UX solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our target users
Better Understand Users - Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to develop user empathy and better understand intent, motivation and behaviour
Collaborate - Work closely with a team of stakeholders, strategists, analysts, developers, and designers to guide UX design from start to finish of a project.
- Design and deliver user experience solutions for all FGH products, using a thorough discovery process
- Solve problems experienced by the user with a focus on business and user outcomes
- Solve interaction design problems using analytical, usability testing and internal/external research.
- Use storyboards, wireframes, user flows, interaction models, journey flows, mental models and conceptual designs to better understand the end user.
- Work with Product Designers to develop FGH Design Language and Design System
- Carry out heuristic reviews to identify user issues and inform research studies
- Design and create working prototypes in XD, for the purposes of user research or to help illustrate design and interaction ideas
- Support the creation of a common FGH Design Language, constantly evaluating and improving fit for both user and business requirements
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research to better understand users
- Support CRO activities across all brands by offering advice, guidance and UI design services
- Prototype concepts using a variety of methods (both analogue and digital) and use it to inform projects.
- Maintain an awareness of general trends across e-commerce, and maintain a deep understanding of User Experience tools and techniques in a touch first environment.
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues to enhance their skills and capabilities, ensuring the use of departmental standards and best practice.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work.
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all Performing other duties as assigned
- Serious passion for user-centered design, service design and demonstrated knowledge of information architecture, usability, accessibility, interaction design
- A degree in design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, human factors or related field
- Minimum of three years of directly related experience (UX designer or similar)
- Demonstrated expert experience in defining, planning and delivering experience projects
- Significant expertise in reviewing existing systems and processes to identify UX issues and develop UX recommendations
- Proven ability to empathise with users, user needs and mental models
- Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe XD
- Excellent skills in tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Strong understanding of UX techniques such as personas, red route analysis, user mental modelling
- Exposure to designing, planning and facilitating user research
- Experience in understanding outputs from user and stakeholder research, as well as ability to analyse data. Including an ability to synthesize understanding of analysis and user insight to shape UX design deliverables and outcomes
- Experience of working with data and data analysts to identify new opportunities of improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of the constraints placed on UX by specific technologies.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Experience with project estimation
- Ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- The role is subject to credit checks
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.