About the role
To support the Director of Warehouse & Logistics in formulating and delivering the operational strategic direction and annual business plans. Responsible for leading operational colleagues, focusing on continuously improving safety management, operational processes, people management and development and resources within the Listerhills site ensuring we provide a fantastic customer experience for all internal and external customers.
- To implement & drive the operational strategy, supporting the overall company strategy.
- Accountable for continuously improving and delivering operational activities for the business.
- Lead the Listerhills Management team to improve safety, reduce costs, increase customer satisfaction and increase company profitability.
- To work at pace, encouraging colleagues to respect each other whilst striving to deliver improvements in performance and development opportunities for future talent.
- Accountable for meeting financial and business targets for delivering and receiving supplies and products.
- Be operationally aware across all end to end aspects of the supply chain and be able to identify inconsistencies and act quickly to exploit opportunities that increase supply chain efficiency.
- Accountable for all aspects of operational costs and focus on overall cost to serve (CTS).
- Through the OTIF measure be aware of the impact of servicing our customers and investigate reasons for over or under performance.
- Understands the customers’ needs and works with Merchandising, Product, Finance and Digital teams to ensure the timely arrival and delivery to all customers.
- Continually improve relationships with all Warehouse & Logistics colleagues, heads of departments, suppliers and Unions.
- Lead and support the develop of the Operations Teams via ongoing coaching and mentoring to add value to the business by fostering an environment whereby individuals want to bring their best self to work every day.
- Maintaining a strong customer centric approach to all operational activities
- Setting and delivering operational budgets and manpower planning ensuring the most cost-effective performance and resource is being used across all operational sites and all shifts
- Identify areas for infrastructure investment and automation to unlock efficiency and benefits.
- Setting the capacity levels for the site and product types, and working cross functionally with Merchandising, Imports and Finance to achieve optimum efficiency for the site.
- Planning and achieving the necessary cost and efficiency metrics for the site across the business year (12 months).
- Identify the most effective and efficient end to end network strategy via Continuous improvement (Focus groups, suggestions) to achieve our customers' delivery expectations.
- Maintain a safe environment and working with colleagues to ensure all areas are maintained to a high standard. Ensure that the teams consistently deliver exceptional health and safety audit scores across all sites
- Any other duties required by the Director of Warehouse & Logistics that are appropriate with the post, grade and level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- To comply with FCA regulations, where applicable
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons
- Already operating at Operational/Site level and ready to take full site operational responsibility
- Experience of successfully implementing a new Warehouse Management System is desirable.
- Experience of moving from manual processing to automation processes and systems is also desirable.
- Understanding of full supply chain required.
- A high level of PC competency; especially with Excel and Word.
- Strong Project management processes and principles.
- Driven to excel in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Communication and relationship building skills at all levels of business both internally and with Customers
- Conflict resolution, critical problem solving, decision making, influencing, and meeting deadlines required.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a real desire to make things happen.
- Ability to act independently to make decisions that impact the business, results and customer satisfaction
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.