QA Technical Assistant
About the role
We have a new opportunity for a QA/Compliance Technical Assistant.
The purpose of the role is to provide product related support to the QA/Compliance team, produce operational reports and assist with day to day administration.
- Investigate highlighted QA related delivery issues and specify rectification requirements.
- Specify and order packaging from the ‘box making’ department.
- Develop and produce regular and ad hoc reports as required, and distribute to internal/external customers.
- Coordinate the ‘A’ grade establishment process.
- Support the QA/Compliance department with their day to day administration tasks.
- Target high returning lines with the support of the Technologist, and inspect/report on the quality of the product/packaging.
- Liaise with internal/external customers to obtain, record, store and dispose of product samples.
- Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve product related issues.
- Carry out ‘packaging waste’ checks to verify the accuracy of data held.
- Monitor the Compliance Mailbox and highlight issues as required.
Required skills for this role include:-
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, plus general PC skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication, organisation and listening skills.
- Ability to be clear and precise both verbally and written.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Excellent letter writing skills.
- Good understanding of the principles of TCF
- Experience of working in a Quality Department desirable
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.