Office Assistant - FTC 12 months
About the role
We have a new opportunity for an Office Assistant to support with general administrative tasks including covering reception.
This role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
- Greet visitors, book cabs and couriers and help with travel requirements, look after the filing, Photocopying and binding, Updating of contact lists, Scheduling meeting rooms, providing refreshments & ad hoc admin requests
- Provide Lunchtime cover and holiday cover for the Reception, including maintaining security for the building by providing passes to visitors. Notifying appropriate people that a visitor has arrived to see them, keeping track of the people arriving for appointments and when they leave the building, Answering phone calls and responding appropriately to the caller’s needs, sort the incoming post and parcels
- Co-ordinate the despatch and collection/re storing of buying samples. Using Parcelforce and DHL systems to send parcels and to distribute incoming samples to the Buying Floor & assist the Buying Assistants to pack the samples for photo shoots and unpack on return,
- Log Maintenance job requests, keep the Stationery room tidy & stocked
- Excellent keyboard skills
- MS office, especially Outlook
- Professional telephone manner
- Flexible and positive attitude and approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively whilst working at pace
- Excellent grammar and spelling
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.