Non Merchandise Procurement Manager
About the role
To develop working relationships with key Stakeholders within the business to challenge current working practices and obtain the best value solution for any project undertaken. The job will cover all areas of indirect business spend
- Negotiate contracts for goods and services on behalf of FGH and ensure costs are reduced/managed and legal and commercial contracts are secured.
- Manage the tenders and Negotiate contracts for commodities with a view to cost reduction and business improvement benefits for the whole of FGH.
- Manage the strategy for contract negotiations inc. supplier selection, scope of service and SLA’s and cost reduction and other business improved benefits.
- Analyse Non-Merchandise spend in different commodity areas, contact internal customers and develop a strategy for tendering price reductions, improved services levels and contract award.
- Manage the purchasing elements of the warehousing function with the acquisition and management of third party business
- Provide advice on the commercial, legal aspects and risks with any new supplier and their products.
- Manage the internal customer with the operational element of the contract to ensure the service received is as good or better than we contracted for.
- Lead the resolution of any commercial dispute between external suppliers and FGH.
- Manage the supplier base of Non-Merchandise suppliers to ensure preferred suppliers are used where ever possible and to reduce the number of suppliers year on year.
- Assist in the reduction of invoices received by FGH to reduce the transactional and financial burden of processing large numbers of invoices.
- Manage adherence to FGH purchasing guidelines (as part of the Otto group audit)
- Knowledge of the FCA’s Material Outsourcing rules set out in SYSC 8, and ability to supervise contract management in accordance with the firm’s regulatory obligations for material outsourcing.
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UK and local regulations, Company Policies and FCA Conduct Rules
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
- Fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) ideally 8-10 years experience in a senior purchasing role
- Degree or equivalent in a numeric subject
- Previous experience:
- Procurement in a retail or IT environment at a senior managerial position
- Strong negotiator with a comprehensive knowledge of Law and commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of a large range of products and services which have to be purchased on behalf of the company
- Experience of managing a team over multiple sites and multiple disciplines
- Financial and legal knowledge
- Finance systems and MS Office
- Internal Knowledge of:
- Company structure /organisation
- Products and services
- Processes and procedures
The role is subject to credit and DBS checks
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.