About the role
We have an opportunity for a Merchandiser to join our Homes team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The purpose of the role is to plan and merchandise product ranges which satisfy customer requirements and deliver the core values and attributes of the Brand(s); manages an Assistant Merchandiser to meet current and future sales, margin and stock targets within budget.
- In conjunction with the Buying Team and QA develop, review and gain agreement for the department strategy and targets for each product area to achieve sales and profit plans. Deliver product review and range finalisation in line with the critical path
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of departmental performance and understand which are the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance at any given time
- Agree with Head of Merchandising and Buyer the sales targets from ‘open to buy’ and range reviews. Agree range plan, stock flow, margins and process with the Buyer to ensure smooth flow of the right stock at the right time
- Manage the reporting of historical KPI’s for pre-season range analysis and use the historical mix to assess winners/losers and future direction of the range
- Work with the Buyer to determine range structures & size, incl number of options, price architecture & GBB mix based on lessons learnt
- In conjunction with the Buyer propose and gain agreement for markdown activity together with appropriate timelines for execution
- Ensure the WSSI tool is accurate and reflects the departments most up to date sales and stock forecast
- Proactively communicate current and future department plans cross functionally to ensure full understanding
- Manage and develop the supply base to maximise profitability through accurate production planning, stock phasing and delivery schedule management, identify the key suppliers and plan production space
- Work with the Buying team to analyse sales trends and patterns and manipulate forward commitment to ensure the correct mix of product at all times. Highlight any risk areas to the sales targets and identifies opportunities to over achieve against target
- Proactively manage in season trading to deliver, sales, stock margin and markdown targets through effective range building, planning, repeats and promotion – escalate major trading issues with action plans
- Manage the inventory process to maximise the departmental profitability by having the right stock in the right place at the right time. Ensure the effective flow of correct volumes of stock into the DC through daily communication with the Merchandise team
- Agree objectives with direct reports, manage their performance and provide advice and guidance so they can function effectively and develop within their roles
- Proven experience gained in a Supply chain environment with a full appreciation of all business functions and all internal relationships.
- Sound experience of Merchandise/Planning in a mail order or large retail environment/Multi channel business.
- Highly developed analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent PC skills, with experience of working with Financial/Analytical tools.
- Proven influencing skills.
- High attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to manage a team with focus in order to meet the Company’s targets.
- Responsible for product, pricing and mark-down decisions after discussion with Buying team, orders counter signed by Head of Merchandising
- Detailed analysis of complex data for business decision making
- Balancing the pre-season planning with the in trading requirements – proactive versus reactive
- Ability to drive change and work strategically
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.