Media Channel Manager, SEO (PT: 3 days)
About the role
You will be an experienced and technically minded, data-driven SEO expert helping to drive positive change to support the growth of the FGH Brands, including Freemans and Kaleidoscope, through the SEO channel. You will be working cross functionally with the FGH internal teams (brand, onsite and IT) as well as working directly with our media agency, responsible for managing SEO activities including link building campaigns, create new/update blog posts, deliver on page optimisations, and technical audits working with IT to carry out the required technical onsite changes. You will also be responsible for reporting SEO performance and consulting internally on all SEO matters, striving to grow visibility and generate high rankings for our critical keywords to drive strong ROI performance.
- Cary out keyword research, expansion and analysis to identify opportunities for target key terms and on-page optimisation as well as protect against Google algorithmic updates
- Ensure content is fully SEO optimised and backlinks are clean and valuable.
- Optimise copy and landing pages
- Work with our IT team to deliver technical optimisations that are Google and Customer friendly
- Work closely with the PPC team to create an aligned keyword strategy that complements each other
- Educate FGH internal teams who impact SEO to ensure they understand how SEO contributes to business performance, and that they are aligned to their goals and objectives
- Champion SEO best practices: recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Manage agencies, third party suppliers
- Committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- Comply with FCA regulations, where applicable
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
- Educated in Marketing, Fashion or Business Studies to A Level or Degree Level, OR have relevant experience
- Proven experience of working in digital marketing in an SEO role for 5+ years
- Strong technical SEO / Google understanding, including knowledge of url structures / how people navigate through organic search and indexation
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Experience of working with and managing a digital media partner
- High level of drive and motivation
- Understanding of on-site customer journey and website development
- Experience using excel and web analytics tools
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy
- Well organised and able to co-ordinate across departments and third parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can work individually or as part of a team
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.