Junior Product Owner
About the role
To lead product management, UX, digital analytics, design and cross-functional teams to develop, manage, and measure product enhancements to increase profit and sales, support business strategy and development.
- Help to develop the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for the group of products you are responsible for across all relevant devices and customer touchpoints. There will be four product owner one for Marketing topics, one for B&M topics, one for check out/ service topics, one for the app/ overarching projects.
- execute it well by constantly managing stakeholder’s expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products / teams
- Define a road map by prioritising based on commercial benefit, UX impact, performance and business strategy together with all relevant stakeholders
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for products and product component and their pain points well. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, gathering business and product requirements, prioritise and manage back log
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the E-Commerce development team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with E-Commerce development counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Deliver the agreed product developments and execute them well
- Accountability for the performance of relevant product development and improving set KPIs in line with targets
- Effectively presented the vision, roadmap, key KPIs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans)
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- To comply with FCA regulations, where applicable
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
• Excellent communication skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to break down complex problems into small deliverable steps
- Ability to collaborate with several stakeholders to develop an agreed and prioritised roadmap based on transparent scoring combining commercial benefits/ UX and strategic relevance
- First experiences in product management
- Advanced understanding of online user experience, online marketing principles and strategy
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.