Junior Assistant Merchandiser - Homes (FTC)
About the role
We have a vacancy for a Junior Assistant Merchandiser on a fixed term contract for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave, working with our Homes team.
The purpose of the role is to maximise stock availability through accurate sales and stock forecasting and inventory management and assist in planning and merchandising departmental product ranges which satisfy customer requirements and deliver the core values and attributes of the Brand(s).
- Manage the product ordering/selections & estimating for stock & DD to maximise UK deliveries, adhering to Group guidelines and minimising surplus risk.
- Develop relevant knowledge and understanding of performance by identifying the key levers to that maximise performance.
- Produce top level summary reports that enable regular, concise feedback to the Merchandiser on performance.
- Use forecasts and weekly performance reports to assess KPI’s in-season and to raise issues with the Merchandiser.
- Management of held order and markdown activity where required.
- Liaise with DD teams informing them of our plans
- Work closely with internal teams to maintain strong working relationships and maintain pricing strategies
Required skills for this role include:-
- Well developed analytical and numerical skills, with a strong desire to learn
- An enthusiastic, tenacious and proactive individual.
- High attention to detail at all times.
- Ability to embrace change
- Excel skills
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.