Internal Audit Manager
About the role
To deliver internal audit assignments and positively contribute towards the successful delivery of the wider Internal Audit Plan.
- Provide the business with independent and objective assurance regarding the effectiveness of business operations, policies, processes and controls.
- Lead audit assignments and deliver various engagements within defined resource, time and quality parameters.
- Ensure that FGH and the IIA internal audit practices and standards are continually adhered to.
- Build powerful relationships with, and work collaboratively with, all key business stakeholders to encourage a culture of continuous improvement.
- Write compelling, succinct Audit reports identifying relevant strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate recommendations for change.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in delivering audit assignments and the wider Internal Audit Plan.
- Contribute to the Internal Audit annual planning process.
- Ensure that required actions resulting from audit assignments are completed in a timely manner and to a sufficient standard to mitigate the risk.
- Act as a key point of contact for Group Internal Audit and other Group assurance functions as required.
- Keep up to date with advancements in Internal Audit practices as well as industry and regulatory developments.
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UK and local regulations, Company Policies and FCA Conduct Rules
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
- Prior and proven experience of working within an Internal Audit function
- Excellent knowledge of auditing techniques (risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing etc.)
- Knowledge and practical experience of Financial Services/Retail
- An understanding of the key regulatory and legal issues relating to consumer credit, particularly Conduct Risk
- Powerful communicator (written and verbal)
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with management at all levels
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Enthusiastic and committed with flexible and adaptable approach
- Innovative and detail conscious with strong analytical skills
- Resilient, persistent and independent minded. Able to think strategically.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and to tight deadlines
The role is subject to credit and DBS checks.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.