Finance Analyst - Financial Services
About the role
To provide a professional financial and management accounting, control and reporting service to the Head of Finance for the FGH Money Business unit ensuring financial integrity across all areas of responsibility. Prime areas of responsibility include:
- Small residual Financial Services trading account
- Credit & Financial Services Business Unit direct and indirect overhead costs.
- Weekly & Monthly Securitisation reporting and Advance rate calculations
- Production of financial period management accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet and interpretation) for the FGH Financial Services at the appropriate level. Take a pro-active role in investigation of issues arising and variances.
- Assisting FGH’s external auditors as and when required
- Provision of internal accounting services for FGH’s outsourced postage and fulfilment operation.
- Production of weekly and monthly securitisation reports for the banks, Group Treasury and the FGH Credit Committee.
- Financial accounting of the monthly debt sale, buybacks and Direct Payment processes
- Production of the Financial Services Direct and Indirect costs annual budget and forecasts. Supporting the production of the interest income and bad debt budget and forecasts as requested.
- Provide interpretation of financial information to non-finance managers.
- Act as member of the FGH Financial Services Business unit whilst maintaining commercial & financial objectivity
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as deemed appropriate by FGH Financial Services Business Unit managers
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UK and local regulations, Company Policies and FCA Conduct Rules
- Demonstrate behaviours in line with our Company values
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work
- Part qualified accountant or newly qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Retail or Financial Services experience preferable – some understanding of a retail or financial services business.
- Commercial awareness - the ability to apply understanding to the role’s requirements.
- General ledger experience
- Financial control experience of Balance Sheet processes and reconciliation.
- Experience of cost accruals and prepayments.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience in a commercial environment.
- Effective organisational skills and the ability to meet dynamic reporting deadlines.
- Operate within Group Accounting guidelines and recognised accounting standards.
- Self motivated and capable of working unsupervised.
- Strong Excel skills and double entry bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to communicate both written and oral accounting information clearly to non-finance based business managers.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to apply that understanding to the role’s outputs.
Role is subject to credit and DBS checks
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.