Designer - Fashion
About the role
This is a new opportunity for a fashion Designer supporting and working closing with the buying team. The purpose of the role is to design and create fashion products to appeal to our target customer, increase sales and reduce level of returns.
- Design to the required brief and curate and develop commercial ranges in line with our target customer.
- Work with the design team to pull together seasonal trends and colour palettes.
- Conduct high street competitor research and shop reports.
- Participate in range reviews with the buyers.
- Work closely with the buying team on product development and evolution of the range.
- Work closely with the print designer to ensure the ranges have the correct print balance.
Skills required for this role are:-
- Fashion design degree or equivalent
- Proven experience of designing in a Retail and/or Mail Order environment, in order to meet the Company’s targets
- High level range planning skills
- Broad related product experience
- Ability to influence and guide the buying team
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work through rapid change and at pace
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commerciality and sound judgement
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.