Buying Assistant - Fashion
About the role
We have a great new opportunity for a Buying Assistant to join our fashion team, assisting the Buyer and Assistant Buyer in all aspects of administration within the Department
- Input and maintain an effective and accurate merchandise file to EKR and matrix systems.
- In the absence of the Assistant Buyer, ensure departmental and inter-departmental communication is maintained.
- Ensure all aspects of departmental administration are maintained to a high standard including minute taking during meetings
- Housekeeping of department
- Co-ordinate the despatch and collection/re-storing of samples for shoots and PR, chasing where necessary.
- Arrange for samples to be sent to supplier/PR
- Prepare samples appropriately for meetings
- Set-up, manage and follow through all buying administration systems and procedures to ensure product availability and on-time delivery.
- Maintain/establish the department filing system with support
Skills required for this role include:-
- Excellent keyboard skills
- MS office, especially EXCEL
- Knowledge and experience of using EKR and matrix is desirable
- Professional telephone manner
- Flexible and positive attitude and approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively whilst working at pace
- Excellent grammar and spelling
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.