Buyer - Homes
About the role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our Homes & Living team to source a product range which will delight our customers.
- Manage and develop the supply base to support the execution of a sourcing strategy which balances the opportunity for maximising margin and the need for flexibility in response to changing customer and market needs
- Develop both own and branded ranges determined by customer demands and profitability.
- Propose and develop seasonal departmental product strategies which take account of product performance, customer requirements, marketing plans and current and future market trends
- In conjunction with the Merchandiser and QA, develop, review and gain agreement for the department strategy and targets for each product area to achieve sales and profit plans.
- Constantly maintain a thorough market knowledge and awareness of changes in competitor ranges and strategies, ensuring that a commercial range is delivered and appropriate to the profile of the target customer
- In conjunction with QA, ensure that all products meet the standards of quality (functionability and consistency), Legal and Safety, whilst ensuring orders are placed on time and within the agreed critical path
- As the Brand’s Homes Product Expert, make recommendations to Marketing and E-commerce on products that should be featured in editorial content / emails / promotions
Skills and Experience you'll need for this role include
- Proven experience at Buyer or Senior Assistant Buyer level in a Retail environment
- Experience of buying products for homes/ textiles/gifts is essential
- High level range planning, range building skills, product development and awareness of critical path.
- A strong understanding of commercials, with the ability to manage and grow departmental KPIs, to ensure that the category is competitive in a highly competitive market.
- Strong negotiation skills, with experience of managing a supplier base, sourcing new suppliers and driving profitability improvements.
- Clear understanding and awareness of competitor landscape and market, with the ability to react and respond to any shifts effectively.
- Adapt to different customer requirements and focus on putting the customer at the heart of every decision you make.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.A positive, proactive and passionate attitude that adapts well to change and invested in developing a team.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.