Assistant Print Designer
About the role
We have a new opportunity for an Assistant Print Designer to join our Design team to support with the design and create commercial and feminine prints to appeal to our target customer and in line with seasonal trends.
- Design and produce bespoke in-house prints and embroidery/embellishment artworks in line with the seasonal trends and brand identity.
- Conducting research, comp shops, catwalk analysis and trend prediction to keep up to date with trends for print and surface pattern.
- Work alongside the design team to produce seasonal print trend boards.
- Re-colour and design move on prints of previous best sellers.
- Generate artwork specification sheets, including all prints in repeat and colour matching to send to suppliers.
- Understand the supplier base and build relationships with key suppliers.
- General day to day admin and filing of print artworks.
Skills required for this role include:-
- Textile/Print Design degree
- Preferably 2+ years working in a retail/and or mail environment.
- Feminine and creative handwriting.
- Commercial eye for design, colour and print.
- Excellent hand drawn and hand painting techniques.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Ability to work across various brands.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Photoshop and illustrator.
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world’s largest online retailer. FGH is the home of familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan, Kaleidoscope, Swimwear 365, Look Again, Bonprix, Curvissa and Witt.
We offer a broad choice of products and are committed to offering great service and delivery seven days a week. We meet the needs of our extensive and varied loyal customer base by having a Customer First mantra and being fair in how we deal with our customers and employees. Innovation is key as we look for new ideas which will improve the customer experience and our business processes.
We have a great team and integrity plays an important part in how we work together. We currently employ over 700 people within Vicar Lane office, Listerhills warehouse and credit operations, offering a diverse range of opportunities, generous benefits and a good work/life balance. Our mission is to be the preferred choice in internet and home shopping…do things better or do things differently.