Assistant Buyer - Homes/Electrical
About the role
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our electrical teams to develop and implement a departmental product range which satisfies customer requirements and delivers the core values and attributes of the Brands
- To select a product range under the guidance of the Buyer, which maximises sales opportunities and anticipates and exceeds customer needs – including branded products
- Responsible for managing suppliers and brands, attending trade shows and attending buying appointments whenever possible
- Responsible for all web briefs- Set-up, manage and follow through to ensure product availability for live dates
- Review the Markets consistently to look for trends and opportunities and evaluate in line with our Trading Brands.
- Strong Negotiation skills, with an emphasis on building strategic partnerships.
- Able to report on success or concerns related to product sales and performance.
- Assist the Buyer to create and compile detailed briefs for new developments and liaise with relevant markets
- Source merchandise to ensure product quality, value and continuity of supply in line with departmental aims
- Assist in range building and product selection
- Develop close relationships with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate samples are produced, work closely with QA to ensure procedures and approval process is to agreed policies and best practice standards
- Manage the critical path dates and schedules to ensure samples are available for photography on time, chasing where necessary
- Write product copy and loading cross-sells
- Liaise with Web Content Team and E-Commerce to ensure product copy and photographs reflect the product accurately and offer suggestions for improvement where necessary
- Set-up, manage and follow through all buying administration systems and procedures to ensure product availability and on-time delivery
- Collate information on the supplier’s performance in preparation for the supplier review including Brands both stock and Direct Despatch
- Manage the sample room and sample process, ensuring the sample room and basement storage is kept tidy and samples are available for photography and PR opportunities when required
- Present and report on season performance and build a new strategy based on this.
- Proven experience of working within a Buying Team in a retail environment
- Demonstrate understanding of different customer types and end-use of offer
- Working knowledge of buying processes
- Proven track record for developing effective working relationships
- Competitor knowledge and understanding in both retail and online
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively whilst working at pace
- Previous experience of working with electricals is desirable but not essential.
- An interest in the Electricals market.
- Competent with Microsoft Office
Our staff enjoy competitive benefits including staff discount, generous annual leave, healthcare cash plan together with a vibrant, colourful, creative and flexible working atmosphere. With our competitive benefits, and supportive teams our staff enjoy helping us on our mission and benefit greatly from the challenges that come with working for a successful retailer.
Freemans Grattan Holdings (FGH) is based in West Yorkshire and is part of the OTTO Group – one of the world's largest online retailers.
Home to familiar brands such as Freemans, Grattan and Kaleidoscope, we have over 100 years of experience.
We're on a mission to help our customers live their best lives through a choice of quality basics, the brands they love and credible exclusive product supported by easy and rewarding ways to pay.
We offer excellent service and delivery seven days a week, with so much going for us - why not be part of the story?
We have over 600 UK employees working for us in various functions, including Marketing and Creative, Customer Experience, Warehousing and Logistics, Financial Services, Transformation, Buying and Merchandising, IT and Support Services.
Our values of Resilience, Empathy, Ambition, Commitment, and Honesty underpin our vibrant and dynamic culture.
We're heading for some exciting and challenging places, so why not join us and be part of our vision to create a modern, digital retailer with powerful customer brands, exciting product and compelling financial services.